Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brooke Laura Cieslik




On September 7th, 2010 we went into the hospital at 6 AM to be induced. I was in active labor for about 9 hours and then pushed for 2 more hours. The doctor thought she was not positioned right and was not moving down so we had to do a C-section. I was SHOCKED when we found out she weighed 8 lbs and 10 oz! The doctor had predicted a little over 7 lbs! During surgery the doctor said, "Wow, this is a big baby you should call her Bertha!" Also, he said she could be on SNL because of her conehead.

Once I heard her cry I started crying right away! I was so relieved she was out and could not wait to see her!! She scored a perfect 10 on her apgar screening which is very rare. Brian was able to hold her right away but I had to wait about an hour, which was so hard. Once she was placed in my arms I feel completely in love with her. We were so excited to tell everyone her name. Brooke we found on a list and both like and Laura came from both of our sisters.

I really enjoyed being at the hospital. They took great care of me. I especially enjoyed nap time which would end with hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. The nurses were so great to us and very helpful. A lot of family was able to come to the hospital and meet Brooke.

On Friday we took her home and she was able to meet Daisy. We are now enjoying having her home and feel completely blessed to have a healthy, happy baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your birth story, I love hearing the way each special little one comes in to this world. Looking forward to meeting Brooke soon and to our Mommy's night out on Friday! Congrats to you and Brian :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Papillion, Nebraska
Brian and I met in college at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. After college we started dating and after 4 years were married. Our first baby is our yellow lab Daisy. She is a very spoiled hunting dog that keeps us very busy!